Saturday, March 17, 2012

Breakage

In my "Random Thoughts" comment, I stated that I was experiencing some breakage after my hair trim. After my Dominican Blowout, I also experienced some breakage so it got me thinking about the two procedures. The only common denominator for the two procedures was that direct heat was applied to my hair via hand held blow dryer set to high heat. With that being said I am going to listen to my hair and not apply any direct heat to it while I an in transition. I may try to heat again once I am completely natural and see is I get the same results. I am a firm believer in listening to my hair and paying attention to how it behaves with various styles and products. Since I did the blowout, I have been paying extra attention to conditioning my hair and keeping it well hydrated. It seems to be working and my hair is not breaking like it was right after the blowout. I will definitely have to update this when I get all the way natural because I want to have options with my hair whether its straight or curly but not at the expense of my hair breaking off. I always said that I will transition my hair for as long as it is not breaking so its on to the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment